This blog has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All thoughts and opinions are my own. #CollectiveBias
When it comes to cooking, baking is definitely my favorite. Why? Probably because that typically means cheesy goodness or dessert. So of course I was super excited when Marie Callendar’s® challenged me with sharing a fun recipe for their #ShareTheJoyOfPie campaign. This first thing that popped in to my mind? Stuffing apple pie into yummy honey crisp apples! Why? Maybe because it’s fall and we have been having apple everything since our trip to the orchard. Or maybe it’s because apples are one of my favorite fruits. Maybe it’s a combination of both? Anyways… I promise you this is super simple, quick and sooo yummy!
- 6-8 Apples – I used Honey Crisp
- 1 Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pie in Dutch Apple
- 1 Can Reddi-wip®
- Preheat the oven to 375°. As soon as your oven is preheated, bake your pie for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse and wash your apples.
- Slice the tops off of each apple.
- Use a melon baller (or a spoon) to remove the insides of each apple. Maybe you’ll even have an assistant as cute as mine to eat the pieces of apple as you scoop them out. ;)
- The pie filling may still be a little frozen after the 10-15 minutes, so use a spatula to break it apart. You want it to be in chunks small enough to fit into the apples. Scoop into apples. If you use 6 apples, you’ll be able to stuff them full with some to spare.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Place crumble topping on top and place back into the over for another 5-10 minutes. Apples should be soft but not mushy!
- Top with Reddi-wip®.
- Share with someone you love and enjoy!
And that’s that! Just like I promised… Super simple, quick and delicious. You can find SO many more ideas for ways to pie-cycle your Marie Callendar’s®Desert Pie here. AND you can find money saving coupons here.
I hope the cute note cards above makes this recipe easier to follow. You can click here to save the second card. AND since this is the season of apples, I made this adorable printable below. You can download it for free here! I hope you love it!
Are you going to try this easy, yummy recipe? Do you have a fun idea for pie-cycling? Let me know in the Comments below!
Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies and Reddi-Wip® are C/O Collective, Bias, Inc and ConAgra Foods. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! #ShareTheJoyOfPie#CollectiveBias