We had some new family pictures taken in May and they’re the best! They capture Blaire’s little personality perfectly. This stage of our life is so fun. Blaire has so much fun with her mom and dad. I’m loving this time when she thinks we are super cool! ;) We are lucky to have a photographer who is so amazing with children. She kept telling Blaire, “don’t laugh!” and, of course, Blaire would crack up laughing! She loved being the center of attention and was happy to run around for the camera… until she noticed the dandelions. Then she had to pick them all!
How in the world is it already Easter? While I was super on top of Blaire’s Easter outfit and Easter Basket… I realized I have totally dropped the ball on my own outfit. I know I’ve said it before, but to me it’s worth repeating: This Easter Jason will officially become Catholic. We are so, so excited that we will now be able to celebrate our religion together as a family. We’re also hosting Easter again this year. So on today’s To Do list: Find myself a few dresses for Easter weekend AND put together the menu for Easter dinner. Wish me luck!
I’m super excited about my new Stella & Dot jewelry! As you know, I’m a proud shopaholic and I’m always looking for new and exciting pieces to add to my closet. Their pieces are beautiful and the quality is amazing. I have sensitive skin, so I have to be careful about the pieces I wear over and over again. So far my faves are the engravables, because you know I love a monogram or anything with an initial on it.
I love it so much, I decided to become a stylist. I get to make and save money on some incredible jewelry. It’s a win|win for me!
Which pieces are your faves? Want to host an online trunk show? You receive product credits and discounts. Send me an email — firstname.lastname@example.org! xo
Looking at our 5 day forecast, there are some 50°, and even 60° days, on the horizon. And that means it’s time to put away the winter clothes and break out some fun (new!) Spring clothes. You know I love a good round up, so here are my favorite spring style pieces for mama and mini. For tiny clothes, I’m feeling all the bright colors and lots of florals. For mama, I’m feeling lots of white. Which is funny, because I was sure I’d never be able to wear white again after becoming a mama. Buuuut I guess I can’t only wear white, so you’ll find some fun colors and florals there, too. And tassels. You can never go wrong with tassels!
Tutu Dress | Chambray Dress | Striped Tee | Floral Romper | Purple Dress | Floral Dress | Moccs | Necklace | Coral Bows | Navy Romper | Hello Sunshine Tee | Flamingo Tee | Headbands | Tee & Floral Leggings | Infinity Scarf
Feel like doing a little shopping? Check out these amazing deals going on now:
- 10% off UOI Purchases with code SHOPAHOLIC10
- 30% off GAP purchases with code BESTDAY
- 20% off Old Navy purchases with code DRESSEDUP
- 20% off your Carters purchase of $40 or more with code CART0316
What’s #1 on your shopping list this weekend? See anything here you need? Let me know in the Comments! Happy Shopping! xo
If you know me, you know I never pass up a chance to match my mini. This is especially true for fall fashion, so I’m excited to bring you this Mama & Mini Fall Fashion Edition. One of my all-time favorite matching look are our kimonos from Camden & Kate. Every single one of their items are adorable, I couldn’t even begin to pick one favorite… so I’ll just link you straight to their Mommy & Me section. Below I’ve linked some of my favorite fall pieces in mama and mini versions.
My guess is you won’t be able to pick just one, so… sorry about that! But at least you and your mini will be the cutest. And just for fun, here’s some of my favorite mama & mini looks with my own mini.
Look how tiny my girl was! Time is just passing by wayyyy too quickly… So get out there and coordinate with your mini while they still think it’s cool! ;) Happy shopping! xo
You know I love, love, love fall fashion! And now that it’s been under 75° consistently for the past week and a half, I’m finally ready to pack away our sandals and shorts. Woo hoo! This means we’re breaking out our fall wardrobe. So not only are fall clothes my favorite, but you also know I love matching my mini. These mommy & me turbans are so freaking cute! Blaire has been over the headbands lately, now that I can actually put a little pony tail in her hair. BUT she loves this one! It must be because it’s so comfy and cozy. They scream fall!
Headbands C/O KRZA by Krystle Dawn
If you can’t tell from all of these pictures, it’s getting more and more difficult to get Blaire to cooperate for any type of photo where she’s actually looking at the camera… Our family pics this week should go well, right! ;) I hope you take a minute to check out all of the other super cute headbands over at KRZA. They are such amazing quality, and she makes them all herself. I can’t wait to order this plaid set! These leopard and camo sets are perfect for fall! If you’re not sure whether or not you’re into headbands – check out her adorable infinity scarves! Follow her on IG @kkrzaa and you’ll get lots of cute sneak peeks! xo
If you only know me from my blog, than you might not know that much about me. Since I place most of my focus on Blaire, I don’t typically post much about myself. So, as part of #fridayintroductions on Instagram, I’d thought it’d be fun to post 28 facts (Because I’m 28. See what I did there?). I hope you have as much fun reading them as I did writing them. And hopefully you feel like you know
way too much a little more about me when you finish.
- I’m the oldest child, which might say a lot about me. Oldest children tend to be bossy, perfectionists and may not be able to ever admit they’re wrong. Is that me? Yep.
- There was a time in my life when I didn’t want children. There. I said it. The part that freaked me out the most was the actual thought of being pregnant. It made me squeamish. All of the crazy things that happen to your body?! Labor and delivery? Gross. Once I met Jason I KNEW I wanted kids. It’s crazy that things just click once you find your special someone.
- Jason and I didn’t live together until after we were married. I lived an hour away from him, but worked in the same area where he lived. I commuted 5 days a week until we were married. #traditional
- We planned our wedding in 5 months. If you read #3, then you know why. :)
- I’m a vegetarian. A recent vegetarian. As in, I became a vegetarian this summer.
- I hate water. Seriously.
- I might be the pickiest eater ever. I could probably live forever eating rice, pizza and cheese enchiladas.
- I’m a procrastinator. What can I say… I do my best work under pressure! ;)
- I love cheese.
- I hate milk.
- I’m always hungry. Always.
- I’d take soft serve twist ice cream over any other ice cream any day! So classic and sooo yummy.
- I suck at my hair. It’s always boring and I can never make up my mind about how I want it. Some days I want it longer, others I want it shorter. Blonder, darker, curlier, wavier, straighter… the options are endless, and I just can’t remember the last time I looked at my hair and thought “I’m having a good hair day.” Girl problems.
- Whenever I imagined myself having a family, I desperately wanted to have a son first. Once I was actually pregnant I realized I didn’t care which gender my baby was. Having a healthy baby was all that mattered! I’ll still never understand the “don’t you want one of each” mentality so many people still have. I’d love to have a tiny Jason, but also would be over the moon with another girl some day.
- I’m Catholic. Seeing Blaire get baptized last summer was one of the most meaningful days of my life. I also taught children’s mass up until Jason and I got married. It was so fun to get to teach children (in simpler words) what the adults were learning about in mass that day.
- I have over 20,000 photos on my phone right now. Yikes. The 64GB iPhone is totally worth it.
- I was born with red hair. This one is for the approximately 12 people who ask me everyday “Where does your daughter’s red hair come from?”
- I can’t handle long nails. Seriously, I can’t handle them. I accidentally scratch everything and everyone. But, it’s fine. I don’t like the look of long nails either. I have to cut mine at least twice a week… I don’t like them longer than the end of my finger.
- I love cooking but rarely ever do it. I’m too
lazybusy to actually put together a grocery list that can result in any real meals. I desperately want to become a meal prep genius. I’m working on it!
- Writing is my thing. My degree is in Journalism, with my emphasis in written stories. I actually dreamed of writing for a magazine and moving to NYC to pursue it… but in college I realized I HATED living in a big city! My family has always lived outside out in the country, with the local towns only having about 25k people each. Traffic and noise are just not my scene. We live in a somewhat large city now, and the noise is still something I’m not used to. Shout out to my sound machines for helping me sleep!
- I return more items to stores than anyone you’ve ever met. If I like something, I buy it. If it doesn’t work out or I decide I’m over it, I return it. Hey, it’s better than shopper’s remorse!
- I couldn’t cut a straight line to save my life.
- I’m a stickler for grammar (I blame my degree in Journalism, English and Communications). Seeing a misspelled or misused word hurts my soul.
- I fell in love with Blaire’s name from good ‘ol Gossip Girl. Blair Waldorf & Chuck Bass are my people. We added the ‘e’ at the end just because I think it makes the name look prettier. And I LOVE that it’s not a common name.
- From the moment I saw Jason, I knew he was going to be someone special in my life. I obsessively stared at his Facebook profile photo for weeks before we went on a real date. Does that make me creepy?
- I’m the worst at a bedtime routine. Taking off you makeup, putting on moisturize and brushing your teeth all just seem so hard when all you want to do is fall in to bed.
- I’m terrible at cleaning my house. I hate it! It’s so much more important to me to have my house smell like Bath and Body works than to have it spotlessly clean.
- I hated naps… until I was pregnant. I just couldn’t fall asleep and then felt groggy for the rest of the day! But once I was pregnant, and especially when Blaire was a newborn, promising myself a nap at some point during the day was the only way I could get myself out of bed in the morning. Mom life.
Well, there you have it. 28 random facts about me. Which one was your favorite? Or maybe it’s more appropriate to ask, which one is the weirdest? xo